- St. John of God Primary School is a Catholic all-girls school located at Upper New St. near the centre of Kilkenny City.
- There are 347 girls enrolled in our school, from Junior Infants to 6th Class.
- There are seventeen teachers in the school [Administrative Principal; 13 mainstream class teachers; 4 Special Education (S.E.T.) teachers] and 2.5 S.N.A.’s
- The school consists of 13 classrooms; 4 Learning Support/Resource rooms; seomra spraoi (multi-purpose room);seomra ciúin (sensory room) ; staff room; offices and a state-of-the-art drama hall.
- There is a large playground which contains activity trails, games, fun yard markings, basketball court, school garden and green area. The school has access to the Parish Field on Cootes Lane for P.E. and for Gaelic Football & Camogie training and matches.
- Each classroom is equipped with a variety of ICT tools including data projectors, visualisers, laptops and ipads .
- The school is in close proximity to a variety of amenities e.g. Castle Park, James Stephen’s GAA Club, The Watershed, Loughboy Library etc. The school makes full use of these great resources throughout the year.
- School begins at 9.00 a.m. and finishes at 2.50 p.m. with the Junior & Senior Infant classes finishing at 1.50 p.m.
- Please read the brochure below for further information .
St. John of God P.S. Brochure