- St. John of God Primary School is a Catholic all-girls school located at Upper New St. near the centre of Kilkenny City.
- There are 347 girls enrolled in our school, from Junior Infants to 6th Class.
- There are eighteen teachers in the school [Administrative Principal; 13 mainstream class teachers; 4 Special Education (S.E.T.) teachers] and two S.N.A.’s.
- The school consists of 13 classrooms; 4 Learning Support/ Resource rooms, seomra spraoi (multi-purpose room), sensory room, staff room, offices and a state-of-the-art drama hall.
- There is a large playground which contains activity trails, games, fun yard markings, basketball court, school garden and green area. The school has access to the Parish Field on Cootes Lane for P.E. and for Gaelic Football & Camogie training and matches.
- Each classroom is equipped with a variety of I.C.T. tools including data projectors, visualisers and laptops. A set of 20 i pads are shared among the classes.
- The school is in close proximity to a variety of amenities e.g. Castle Park, James Stephen’s G.A.A. Club, The Watershed, Loughboy Library etc. The school makes full use of these great resources throughout the year.
- School begins at 9.00 a.m. and finishes at 2.50 p.m. with the Junior & Senior Infant classes finishing at 1.50 p.m.
- Please read the brochure below for further information .
St. John of God P.S. Brochure