St. John of God N.S. is located at Upper New Street, near the centre of Kilkenny City. The school was first established in 1886 and, since then, has a proud tradition of educating girls in St. Patrick’s Parish. Today the school consists of 15 classrooms, a staffroom, offices, storage rooms and a splendid hall where many memorable performances were, and still are, staged. There is a large playground which contains a basketball court and school garden. We also have access to the Parish Field on Coote’s Lane for P.E., Gaelic football and camogie training and matches. We are recently had the official opening of our new school extension which consists of three new classrooms. Please check out our brochure below for more information about our school.